Ram Prasad's Most Enjoyed

An Ongoing Compilation of Most Enjoyed
Places, Books, Movies, Experiences, Activities, and Moments

May the whole world enjoy the pleasures that I have enjoyed -- (Thirukkural)

Monday, November 28, 2005

iBonds - Most Enjoyed returns

Yes, this posting is about personal finance. IBonds return 6.73% on your money, offered by Uncle Sam. I decided I'll take it. I just purchased some recently, directly from www.treasurydirect.gov. (You can start with as little as $25 or go up to $30,000 per year.) The idea of no middleperson, no financial planner appealed to me.

Read about iBonds from folks eminently more qualified than me. Clearly, IBonds are not for those of you who are confident of making double-digit gains every year in the stock market. However, I did find the monotonicity of the interest rate graph (to the right, click on the image to enlarge) very compelling. Perhaps that is what pushed me over and made me buy. I enjoyed the thought of the returns, but obviously your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Who links to me? Copyright 2006-2007 Ram Prasad