Ram Prasad's Most Enjoyed

An Ongoing Compilation of Most Enjoyed
Places, Books, Movies, Experiences, Activities, and Moments

May the whole world enjoy the pleasures that I have enjoyed -- (Thirukkural)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sudoku Addiction


I had a goal. That I would post here only after I had solved one in under 5 minutes. A modest goal, I readily admit. But, boy, had I underestimated the difficulty. I would come close, but nowhere near 5 mins. Well, today, I lucked out and did it in exactly 5 mins. (I have included the screen shots here.)

I am no expert, just posting here because I enjoy it from time to time. Discovered it this year, and got addicted, and sort of un-addicted myself by forcing myself to think of the bigger things in life. All said & done, Sudoku is nothing but a magical square, albeit a special one.


When I do play, it is at www.websudoku.com. (I usually play the Easy mode, and use the setting that has the seconds ticking to put some pressure on myself hoping that will help my concentration. If you haven't tried it yet, please do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought I too was addicted to Sudoku, even pulling out past issues of my newspaper to solve them. Also going online, then gave up quickly (and gladly.)

Meanwhile I have downloaded a Sudoku game called Sudoku Quest. It is very good. Runs on your computer, like any other game, complete with sound effects and all. Check link below.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloads/sudokuquest/

Prem

Ram said...

Thanks for the note, Prem. There is a certain sense of power in giving up addictions.
Ram

Who links to me? Copyright 2006-2007 Ram Prasad