Ram Prasad's Most Enjoyed

An Ongoing Compilation of Most Enjoyed
Places, Books, Movies, Experiences, Activities, and Moments

May the whole world enjoy the pleasures that I have enjoyed -- (Thirukkural)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nixon Under the Bodhi Tree - Buddhist Fiction

Nixon Under The Bodhi Tree
Edited by Kate Wheeler

One of those books that I picked up purely based on the Title. And am very glad I did for it proved to be a great collection of "Buddhist Fiction," a term I have not hear of before.

These stories/works would, I venture, appeal to a wide variety of people. You really don't have to be into Buddhism at all in order to enjoy the pieces compiled in here. I think I read the whole book simply because it was such a good read.

Notable stories: Beheadings, Greyhound Buddha, There are no footsteps in the sky, Mi Mi May.

Buddhist fiction, Kira Salak, Kate wheeler, Margo McLoughlin

2 comments:

Anita said...

Nice blog. Browsed through it a bit.

Reading a Pankaj Mishra book on Buddhism and now tempted to pick up Nixon under the Bodhi Tree. Is it Jataka tales kind of stories or general incidents from Buddha's life?

Ram said...

Anita:

Thank you. Nixon under the Bodhi Tree is really works of fiction and non-fiction around contemporary everyday people who are attempting to practice Buddhism.

Try a couple of stories and see if you like it. (It is not about Buddha's life, though)

Ram

Who links to me? Copyright 2006-2007 Ram Prasad